www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: The most annoying thing about fishing is when.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The most annoying thing about fishing is when.....

we look up the river and see the armada of canoes/kayaks coming down and decide to get closer to shore hoping to force "them" behind us. With 125 yards of water behind us and only 30 yards in front of us, you would think it is a no brainer as to where "they" should choose to go, especially when there are 3-4 of us launching 6 ounce baits toward the shoreline. Sometimes logic does not register with some of "them" as they attempt to squeeze between the boat and shoreline. That is when I come unglued and take matters into my own hands.

You just wonder sometimes..........
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Oh Please tell what you do when you come unglued? I have the same issue with canoes/kayaks, heck jetskis on conneaut lake. I will have 100 feet me to shore, and 1000 acreas behind me and the friggen jetskis go between me and the shore!?!?! Sometime i do not see them until my cast lands within 5 feet of them, i swear i did not see them officer...

We used to fish for carp a ton at the camp from the bank. It was amazing how the canoes would stick tight to the bank and snag all our lines. I would say, "Could you please go around our lines" and they would look at me like I was crazy. Then in a couple seconds, they would be wrapped up in the line and wondering what it was.

A few years ago, we got our aquaview camera stuck in a tree. We were going to go back and dive down to get it. We put one of those fish marker buoys out. Every and I mean every canoe would pick it out of the water and move down river a few feet. On two occasions, we had to take the jet out and retrieve the bouy from the canoers. They seemed a little embarrassed once we asked for our buoy back.

One year I almost had to "throw down" with the leader of the kayak race they have every year. I knew it was going to happen, I got there early and knew I had a few hours to fish before they came. I ended up having several follows by a pretty hot fish that was big, just wasn't eating. I look up and see them coming so move in like you said to push them out and mainly to protect my fishing spot from getting rowed through.

He screams at me to move he was having a race!!!! I couldn't believe what I just heard so I had to ask and he repeated it... That was when I pretty much told him to _ _ _ _ off he didn't own the river anymore than I did but I respected the fact that he was having a race and move over for him which give him at least 70% of the river in a deep hole that is wide. Then he got my Mag Dawg his way as hard as I could whip it in front of him so he got a look at it. I was mad enough to fire up the jet and run him down.

The next 100 plus people paddled on by on the outside and most said hi or are you catching anything as they were paddling as hard as they could,out of breath....I was hoping they would of saved the energy and blow past the leader even though they were WAY behind.

Just takes one butthead to set you off. 99.9% of the people are A-OKay
    I was mad enough to go to the end and beat him with his own trophy.

I was hoping to bring a little morning humor to the board today. If anyone has any other frustrating scenarios, let's hear them. There has to be many more.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I fish from a kayak and have the same problem. Worst was trout fishing in north park. I'm in a tiny corner of the lake where water flows in having an incredible day w/trout. Then a tournament whitewater kayaker comes up and is going right for the 3.5 foot deep current I'm fishing. I politely asked for him to not disturb this 30 foot area after an earth dam. He blows upon subjects from fisherman think they own the water, my kayak isn't as cool as his, I'm not the fisherman he is because I'm not fly fishing. I just asked him to leave and ruin someone elses' day.
    Later that week I did see him again when I was running around the lake and harassed him at every oppertunity (sp?) and never saw him on the lake again.

Quick list: -Three rivers rowing in the pittsburgh pool of the allegheny river.
    - Trolling my kayak and boats runnig over my lines (Usually use shallow lures on long lines to get depth as some deep lures have to much pull to be fun to troll.) 80lb braid surprise in your prop.
    -Jet skiers who get ticked when I give them a suick warning shot. (Can't cast very far sitting in a kayak so if my lure is gonna hit you your to close to my kayak to be going 30mph)
    - muskies that don't bite or even follow.

How about fishing all day and finally get a nice Musky to follow to the boat. She then follows hot into the 8. You mention you got a hot fish ready to strike and out of the corner of your eye you see your brother bring in his bait and start 8-ing right next to you. Guess what happens!! you betcha, the damn fish takes his bait!! Don't get me wrong, it was still great to get a fish landed, but he didn't even have the decency to thank me for settin that fish right on a platter for him!!! That might explain why my number of solo trips has gone WAY up since then. LOL