www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bucktails

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bucktails

Hey Ty,
    Would you say you get more action on bucktails with a single blade or 2 blades? Seems like the wisconsin strain fish are a little less agressive than the leechers.

I'd say it varies a whole lot. There are days when you really see a difference between the single and double. When they are hitting the double blades it can be a really good day though. It doesn't happen too often out here though. I threw the doubles really hard from the time they came out and only caught a few fish on them and then three years ago the fish absolutely went nuts on them for a few weeks. After that it has been kinda sketchy as to when they prefer one over the other. For the most part the doubles are only good when the fish are extremely aggressive.

So, for the most part I didn't help you out much other than to discourage you from throwing double blades. Really, there is no way of knowing what this year will bring without spending some time on the water. Overall, you will never catch more or equal amounts of fish per hour on double blades on the Chip as you will single. Call that a challenge but it's true. Now I don't know everything but I don't know nothing. Think about that for a second. OK maybe not. I better quit clowning around an get some baits made today.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

I think Ty had the quote of the year. . . . . " I don't know everything but I don't know nothing". I will use that one for sure. I was wondering how you would answer that post, thanks for the insight.

Corey Meyer

Mom always said "you's a double negative boy". I took it as "use" a double negative boy. Didn't hurt my feeling that way. Just kidding Ma' and happy mother's day.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com