www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Dog Days Opener

Default Dog Days Opener

Murph

Any suggestions for these calm sunny days. Been checking the breaklines,
    points and some deep holes 20-30 feet and not marking many fish.

The big problem with the opener weather was the lack of some wind. Of course we have to be careful what we wish for, but a little wind would improve the bite. This is fact on Leech for as long as I can remember.

We had a pretty good opener for the most part. You had to grind it out and move several times to locate active fish. On the opener folks usually flood an area when they see a few boats. In shallow water the boat traffic turns off the fish, they become spooky or leave the area. I have never seen the number of boats on Leech that we witnessed this week end.

Fished today, Monday a few hours, we caught 5 fish in the range of 21 to 25 inches. The fish were caught in 21 to 25 feet on jigs and minnows in 3 different locations. Another negative aspect on the bite is a bug hatch, walleyes are gorging on the new little bastxxxs. Keep on moving and experimenting with presentations. Live bait rigs tipped with minnows also fooled a few fish, especially with a long snell.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Default warm weather warm water

going up this weekend for 3 days of walleye fishing. Has anyone been out on the main lake reefs? snake pits? was thinking fish may have moved there already....whats the water temp?

tx

Default Walleyes

Some fish have moved to the reefs and deeper water on the Big Lake. The key is to keep moving, fish are spread out. Also try different presentations till a pattern is set.
    Jim Murphy's Guide Service
    Jim Murphy

Web Site; http://www.jimmurphyguide.com

Talking

We are heading up from Iowa tomorrow morning around 4-5 am, staying til mid week next week. I look forward to the walleye grind, if nothing else, I know we will catch a good buzz while we are there.

Good Luck, see you on the lake.

6 days, 6 buddies, no work, no women, no kids.

Quote Originally Posted by murness View Post
    We are heading up from Iowa tomorrow morning around 4-5 am, staying til mid week next week. I look forward to the walleye grind, if nothing else, I know we will catch a good buzz while we are there.

Good Luck, see you on the lake.

6 days, 6 buddies, no work, no women, no kids.

Good Buzz is right, after spending last Sat. and Sun. Grinding it out, catching a tan, and watching 10,000 boats flying all around on glass like water, catching a buzz was all I had going for me. Ill be back over memorial week and hopefully get some walleye chop.

It didnt help I got my boat out hrs before opener and found nothing but problems. going with out my trolling motor really put a kink in things.