Hi pfessor,
Things are way ahead here. The weather is beautiful and I am sunburned!
The walleye are definitely done the spawn and are all over. I am very happy to say they finished up before walleye opening on Saturday.
While fishing in shallow for them, our guests inadvertently caught several bass and musky. My daughter was watching one under the dock yesterday too. Nothing really big but fun to watch all the same.
I will have to get back to you on the water temp. I haven't been out yet and Sam and Wayne only got out for an hour the other evening but didn't bring the depth finder to see the temp. They did well in about 12' of water.
I know it is still pretty chilly for swimming but I think I will have to brave it this weekend (long weekend tradition that I had to break last year!)
Two days ago I had a May fly land on me. I was shocked as I never see fish fly's in May! Tons of other bugs out too. One report for a trout lake up north a bit from here said that the flying ants were hatching already.
Dad and Robbie fished that other bass and pike lake you like with their fly rods. They didn't really try for any bass but did well on the pike. They plan on trying for bass pretty soon but dad just got a new heavy weight 9' for musky so he had to try it out.
Thanks for the pics of the turkeys too. That is so neat!

Lydia