www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bass

Default Bass

Does anyone know if the bass have spawned yet?

Wacky, I would have to think that most have by now, but am actually hoping to make my first trip down tomorrow. Any report on current conditions would be helpful. Chase bass only on Kinkaid. I save the muskie casts for Vermilion in Sept.

Is the bass fishing pretty good never been there? What's the best bait? I've driven by vermillion never fished it usally fish pelican. Pelican is an awesome bass lake average 3 to 4 pounds.

Wacky, Been going to Vermilion in MN for 30 years. Smallmouth fishing is fantastic and the largemouth fishing is very good. Probably not as good as I have heard Pelican is, but pretty good and they are underfished there. Son and I had a 93 bass day 2 years ago with probably a 2# average with biggest fish about 4#. We fish a multispecies tournament at the resort we stay at every Sept. and if the weeds have started to die off, the largemouth are stacked up in very predictable spots. If you ever plan to go, give me a shout and I can head you in the right direction on the west end of the lake. Best baits in the fall have been jig and plastic craw and wacky rigged senko-type baits.

All I use on pelican is wacky rigged senkos. How about bass baits fro kincaid.

Bass fished Kinkaid today from 9-4. Supposed to be one of the best days of the month to fish. Couldn't prove it by my success. Tried most of my spots and all I caught was a couple of dinks. One 14" hit a Ribbit frog, then a 36-38" muskie hit it a couple of casts later. Thunderstorms from 10:30-12 didn't help any, I am sure. Didn't try no wake area beyond first bay in. Did anyone else? Seems most I saw were muskie fishing. Saw one good fish landed. I have best luck on Paca craws, jig and plastics, super flukes and texas rigged tubes. Cranks also work sometimes as do spinnerbaits when the wind blows. Good luck.

Smile

Not ot be to nosy but what colors in plastics seem to work the best.

watermelon seed