Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let all of you know that I have some scattered dates available in May for both catfish and sturgeon, as well as the end of June for some early season muskies. The Manitoba season opens this Saturday and with the very early spring we had, and higher than normal water temperatures I am expecting the season to hit the ground running! Sturgeon will have spawned and should be feeding heavily and the catfish will be quite active and fairly concentrated in key areas.

As for the muskies, I think this could be a very special season! The water on Lake of the Woods is down about 2 feet and the water temps are over a week ahead of schedule. Come the opener on June 19, I wouldn't be surprised if the spawn is over and the bigger fish will be a bit more active than past openers. Typically we see lots of muskies around the opener, but much of the action is from smaller males as it can be a struggle to get the big girls to take a bait. I'm expecting those fish will have strapped on the feedbag and some nice fish to be boated very early in the season!

If anybody is interested in one of these trips, please contact me for the specific dates and discounted pricing as I'd really like to fill these dates up.

Remember, low water + warm temperatures = active big fish!

Andrew Klassen