www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Post Your May 2010 Trip Reports Here

Exclamation Post Your May 2010 Trip Reports Here

It's time to put up the trip report thread for 2010. Let's make this the best collection of Morson area fishing reports on the web!

Weather? Structure? Presentation? Wind?

What worked? What didn't? Any signigicant catches in your group? Personal bests?

We want to hear about it!!
    Justin Gaudry
    Mylie's Place Resort

Lake of the Woods
    Morson, Ontario, Canada
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/myliesplace
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MyliesPlaceResort/feed
    Twitter: @MyliesPlaceJMan https://twitter.com/#!/MyliesPlaceJMan
    E-mail: jwgaudry@hotmail.com
    Toll Free Phone: 1-866-395-3449

Default Fishing report 5/1

We went up to help Lehman's open up their cabin for the 2010 season. Managed to get out for a little fishing. Water temp was a very warm 52 degrees, but the weather was cold/rainy/windy. The fish were not holding tight to the shoreline. We casted crankbaits and managed a few pike and smallmouth. Fished crappies one afternoon with limited success. Rich did catch a true LOTW slab measuring over 13"! His personal best! Can't wait for the next trip in a few weeks. Hopefully the weather cooperates a little better!

Hinch

Default Lake Trout Fishing

Went up for some "Ice Out" Laker fishing a couple weeks back. Weather was a little too clear as the Lakers seem to bite better when it is cloudy. Average size of what we caught was good. Numbers of fish caught over two and a half days were not impressive. Very nice to be back out on open water again though. Up to Morson on the 25th. Will post a report when I get back.

Default Fishing report for 5/23

Fishing the last 4 days has been fantastic to say the least! We have been getting walleyes, pike, and smallmouth casting crankbaits to rocky shorelines. We even had a few muskies hit the cranks, with the biggest one being a solid 46 incher!

Most fish came in 3-10 feet of water. Perch colored crankbaits, or silver & gold Husky Jerks worked great. Red cranks also turned some fish. Walleyes ranged in size from 10" up to 25". Most smallmouth were in the 15 to 18" range. Our biggest pike was 38.5".

It seemed like every island we pulled up to held fish. We'd cast the shoreline and move on. Rock rubble and points of islands (especially with wind coming in) had them stacked up!

Hopefully the bite continues with the warm weather! Good luck!

Hinch

We also had a good weekend. Caught lots of 10-20 inch walleyes with jigs and minnows in about 5-8 feet. We fished sand/rock bays and a few islands. Mostly about 4 or 5 fish per spot with a few spots holding many more. My 8yr old was the champion fisher this weekend. Two 22" walleyes among others and an 18" smallie. Back up Memorial wknd.

Default Memorial Weekend Extravaganza

Well the weather was as fickle as some of my high school dates but we had a great time in spite of it. Our group was down to 15 this year and everyone caught fish.
    The largest walleyes of the group were 3 at 22 inches. That's quite a bit smaller than what we've done in the past but there was a nice northern caught that came in at 41 inches.
    One of our guys managed to take out a lower unit but that's the first one I can remember us having an issue with in over 30 years.
    I heard some guys were doing pretty good dragging raps... you might want to give that a try.
    I'm looking forward to next year already.

Kevin
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bill41northern2010may [640x480].jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	9847

Default mlures

We spent three weeks at our trailer and had some of the best fishing for May we had in years. My buddy got a 10 lber. and we had two 29", and lost count of the fish between 20-28". almost all were caught off rocky points on 1-1/2 oz. bottom boumcers with a hammered gold or copper blade and either minnows or a chunk of crawler. Furthest we went was to the Hidden Island area. Majority of fish were caught East of Mylies. 8-20 FOW. Didn't find the crappies this year. Had some nice Northerns (one at 45"). Lots of different weather, wind, rain, thunder, lightning. Warm and cool.