www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Random thoughts

Default Random thoughts

1. Heard on the weather news tonight that Northern Ws. is in a drought ? That true ?

2. Where is the Musky fishing good ? Not right now, immediately, but generally trending in the last few of years. Lake of the Woods, Minnesota, The Chip, Kentucky, French River, Canada generally ? What is the consenus opinion here ? Years ago, it was Wabagoon, then Lake Rowan...haven't heard much about them lately. What's the scoop folks ?

we definitely are in a drought up here. Pretty darn dry.

As for number two, I'll have to get back to you on that one when I have a little more time. Gotta guide in a few minutes.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Musky fishing is good wherever you can get to and throw baits. Minnesota has been good but I don't think anything has been on fire like Mille Lacs was a couple of years ago, maybe people are getting better at keeping secrets? It's a good question makes you want to go back and reread all the stuff you've looked at in the past couple of years and see if you're missing some golden opportunity.

Instead of chasing where it's 'good', just pick a large body of water with a known history of big fish and hunker down and learn it.

Although trying new water is pretty fun sometimes. Just don't do it on the 4th of July weekend like I did.

I'd say the St. Louis river is the trend right now. There are a few lakes in MN that are still going strong but you hear more about the St. Louis.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com