www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: DAV Event is Postponed until 2011.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That is a bummer!

Would you guys consider moving the event down into PA?

We did look at PA many times but the closest place (for the guys who were setting up and planning for this event) was Chautauqua Lake. Catching fish was also another big selling point and that is why Kinzua was ruled out within the first 10 seconds of the discussion.

Where in PA did you have in mind??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

What about Lake Arthur?

Or tamerack..... numbers of fish and I would be more than willing to take someone on the boat with me!

Jacob

We had busing squared away between Warren and Jamestown for those who needed rides. Arthur and Tamarack are too far away for Larry, Charlie and I to coordinate. We need shelters. Does Tamarack have shelters?

There is a huge thread on this board where many things were already discussed. If anyone wants to tackle this for this summer, feel free and good luck. I will do what I can for you. We (the 3 of us) do not have the resources to have this 1.5 to 3 hours away and coordinate everything that needs to be done. Remember, Larry lives in Buffalo.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Red Childress; 05-06-2010 at 07:30 AM.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I will look into what facilities they have.... I am not sure. I understand completly about coordinating that far away. I don't blame you guys for the reasons, and you did the right thing with putting it off for this year.. maby we could do something smaller in our own areas and see what comes of it. Tamerack is close to me and I know alot of guys who come up this way so it may be of interest. If nothing else, find a vet, take them out, show them that you appreciated all they did for thier country and your freedom!

Anyone else interested in getting together at tamerack and taking out a few guys shoot me a pm!

Thanks again red, larry, and all others who were involved in the effort, we will get 'em next year!

Take care,

Jacob

Default Sorry For Cancelation

I feel realy bad that we had to cancel the Veterans Outing for 2010! But NY State Parks Dept Personel will not give us an answer about the Shelter Facilities at Long Point State Park,at this time they are staying shutdown with only the Launch & Marina being Open.Some of these Veterans are handicapted from injuries of war and deserve better from us then having no chairs,tables or shelter.The other facilities on Chautauqua Lake are all booked for that weekend.By waiting to next year we can raise funds to make the Veterans Outing even better as well. I personaly want to thank everyone that planned to take a Veteran out in their boat and hope that we can count on you in 2011! We can't just move to PA unless we can find a DAV Chapter or other service orginization that can transport the Veterans and cover the Liability Insurance.
    Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service
    Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com