www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 43" Tiger Musky 5/02/10

Default 43" Tiger Musky 5/02/10

Just wanted to share a picture of the musky I caught on the rock, 43" tiger musky on a Black/Lime Mepps Black Fury #5 with Chartruese tail. She was a fighter and put on a unbelievable ariel display. She was a beautiful fish and was safely returned to the water.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43 tiger -5(2).jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	9372  

Smile

Nice fish, Waking!

Glad to see you were able to get out in all this wind.

Did you say 43"?

Luke
    My job used to get in the way of my personal life, but not anymore.

Thanx man! yeah it was a 43, got out for a couple hours this morning, fish was caught about 8:30am. Didn't venture out too far from the house because of a small boat. Made the mistake of taking it out on the main part of the lake last fall in windy conditions, and I will never ever do that again, thought I was goin for a swim.

Sorry, but that's not a tiger musky. It's just a regular clear strain musky.

I thought the Clear and the Barred musky had a reddish color in their tails, also the Clear body being more greenish and Barred more silver. Also by the vertical striping on the body of the fish, I assumed it was a tiger. As a side note as well, I have heard that the head of the tiger is smaller than that of a normal musky because it is a hybrid. Please clarify because I have looked all over for info on the fish but nothing I have found really shows the difference between the hybrids and the other strains. Thanx

Best way to tell is that a tiger has a rounded tail fin with spots.

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fish/musk...e/biology.html

Thumbs up

Hybrids also have rounded fins. Nice fish though, congrats on the catch.

Pretty fish,good you let it go so it can grow up to be a monster.

Thanx man! I pretty much let everything go, every once in a while I will keep some white bass for a fish fry, but that is about the extent of it. There are some monsters in CR, as far as being a musky lake it flies well below the radar. There is not a whole lot of pressure right now and I hope it stays that way. It kills me to see big fish taken out of the lake as those are mostly the female spawners. If enough are taken it could serverly disrupt the ecosystem, just my thought though.