www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: This weekend Musky Hunting...

Default This weekend Musky Hunting...

Heading out to Webster Lake this weekend to hunt for some Musky. Any ideas what is working right now on the lake from a lure standpoint? Topwater or down and dirty deep?

Also have heard that there are some decent bass on the lake and curious to know what lures are working for these guys as well.

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

We were on Webster last Tuesday...the action we got was on glide baits and the fish were on the breaks. Hope this helps..Russ

Hey Nate, just follow my boat and i will show you how it is done. I have a real good feeling about this weekend.

Hi Nate!

I hope the weather stays decdent for you this weekend, at least it's not going to be cold again! the last few weekends have been kickin' me in the butt! Last weekend on Tippy we did not do very well for muskies only seen 2, threw the kitchen sink, my only action came on a Shadillac! No surprise! I don't fish bass on Webster much, but do on Tippy my main lure is a white/chartruese Booyah spinnerbait with 1 brass Indiana no trailer, it is one of the best baits for the eel grass on Tippy, my local baitshop owner and his club fish Webster alot, Senko's and dropshotting have produced well for them. Up till now the bass fishing has been slow too, throw some jigs too and try a Strike King Wild Shiner or Rapala husky jerk!

Good Luck!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

no bites fishing from the couch this weekend.

I know what you mean, I was with a group of kids at Kings Island this weekend! We had fun, but I really missed another shot at a fish. I DID NOT miss another weekend of crazy winds. I take ny final Wed., then it's on!! I do hope somebody did some good this weekend though, if you can't be out I like seing em' or hearing about some luck!!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

Default fishing

Had the fastest follow on a sucker ever fri. Sucker was only in the water for about ten seconds and one came up from behind. Didn't take though. Caught two nice fish last two trips, none from suckers. Wind was horrible friday and suckers couldn't hardly keep up. My newbie friend netted both fish and the second one he tangled the net up in my lure before getting the muskie in, big mess. One came in hot on his lure and instead of speeding it up like I told him he just stopped it, no fish. Hope you guys are tearing em up. Good luck.

Had a bunch of luck this weekend on sunday, of course when we should have been leaving the bite turns on. The suckers were getting some action on friday and saturday morning, but by saturday afternoon the suckers were not getting any response. Everybody that we talked to had luck on topwater and we followed their lead and threw topwater and it paid off. we threw topwater in 40-50 feet of water and got two beauties. A monster 47 incher and a chunky 38. we were basically sight fishing because the fish were chasing the baitfish to the surface and when they would surface, which was every 5-8 minutes we would through in their direction and it worked so well that the magic lure that we used broke on the second fish. it was a truly magical day

Smile

Hey Danno, Thanks for the great trip and oh yeah thanks for doing such a great job netting my fish. Don't worry about that pesky broken magic lure problem I have four new ones in route from rollie and helens