www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: doesn't anyone fish?

Default doesn't anyone fish?

Where are the fishing reports? I can get the sports on tv and radio. Is Kinkaid dry? Muskies all done for the year? Need info to make the trip down 5 hours. Give us some info please. Thanks thanks

Default all dried up

Kinkaid is all dried up. The muskies are all gone. How about those Hawks though? So what's your favorite sports radio show? I love when people come to this site expecting to be told where the fish are, what baits to throw, what time of day, what colors are hot. Musky hunting is a game of wins and losses, much like your sports radio. If I had a dollar for every 6 hour trip I took to Kinkaid and got skunked I'd.....well have about 20 bucks. Regardless of how anybody else is doing on the lake you have to take that drive, pound the water and hope for the best. Good luck out there.

I saw a semi heading north out of murphysburo last night, loaded with muskies, there all comming up for the Wisconsin Opener!!!
    " OPEN THE GATES OF HELL AND LET THE
    BIG GIRLS OUT."

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTSEEMUSKY View Post
    I saw a semi heading north out of murphysburo last night, loaded with muskies, there all comming up for the MN Opener!!!
    fix'd

This is the most closed-mouth fishing reports pages I visit. Wish I could help, but I fish Kinkaid for bass and very seldom get a reply for water conditions, etc. here when I ask. Not bitter, just that I know what to expect now. Still visit daily for the reports, though!

Quote Originally Posted by perazzi10 View Post
    Is Kinkaid dry?
    No, it's really wet this year.

Thanks thanks
    Your welcome welcome.

this isnt a very "chatty" site,i agree. Will be at Kinkaid tomorrow if all works out. Will relay what little i learn. We had storms here all weekend and a cold front, so im sure fishing was affected. Last friday report was 69 degrees and muskie fishing improving w fish being caught shallow, but weather changed

Default 1st trip to Kinkaid

Was on Kinkaid for the 1st time ever about a week ago and did the smartest thing anyone can do the 1st time on new water or back on water you don't get to fish very often, hire a good guide! We spent a great day with Chad Cain and learned a lot about the Lake and structure. We had a great trip. We fished 1 day with Chad and the next 1 1/2 days on our own. applying what we had learned from someone who really knows the lake. We boated several fish from 30 to 46.5" both with the guide and on our own. Everyone in our group boated fish, they seemed very active, just about everything was caught casting in the top of the water column. Find the Shad, find the fish, was what worked for us.

fished today, water temp bout 65, went after crappie which are moving up but slow, muskie seem to be active enough, saw one roll and saw one caught w reports of others seen and caught. Agree with other post of muskie being in the top part of water column