Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd share my plan of attck for opening day on the "Big Chip". With the extremely warm spring we have had, the Walleyes will be in a pre summer-summer pattern. It looks like the water temps will be hovering right around the 60 degree mark. What that means is that there will be an explosion of forage available. So I will not be locked into one pattern.

I'll stsrt the day out by casting crankbaits, and inline spinners into, and around weed beds early in the morning. Use crank baits with a tighter wobble now, and the smaller inline spinners. Depending how I do, by mid morning, I'll start drifting the mid lake basin areas.

The insect larvae should be very active on the soft bottom muck basin areas. I'll drift with minnows and leeches and don't forget the crawlers. When I make contact with some Walleyes, I'll anchor and stay on em'. This will be a process I'll do all day. Remember not to over stay in one spot. The Walleyes move, so should you.

By mid afternoon, again depending how the basin bite goes, I'll be back fishing the weed beds with cranks, and inline spinners. Remember to tip your inline spinners with live bait. Any questions, just ask and I'll be glad to help. Just a reminder, I still have some openings for opening week. Hope this helps, and good luck.

Walleyemaxx
Respect-Earned not given