We enjoyed great weather last week and looking pretty decent for the week ahead. A little rain predicted and most days expected to be near 60 degrees. This has been some very nice weather.... maybe even better then last July!

Kakagi (Crow) lake is mostly in the mid 40 degree surface temperatures. Expecting we might start seeing some 50 degree waters late in the coming week.

Angler's Pro Shop has a big sign out says Shiners, so I think they will have some for the groups coming up in the days ahead.

Lake Trout fishing action has been inconsistent, slow much of the time but practically jumping in the boat in the occasional flurry. Bank fishing, dock fishing, trolling, casting shore lines and even jigging for the Lake Trout all seem to be about the same. Late last week it was middle of the day bite for fast action based on reports from our guests and some of the locals out enjoying the great weather. Thus far all the Lake Trout reported have been in the 3-9 pounds range... nothing huge and nothing small yet.

Leaves are popping out on the trees already. A few groups take that as the sign it is time to come for the Lake Trout.

A few guests have teased about me not let others catch the BIGGEST last year. Well... A very nice young man (4th grader) from Winnipeg, thought he should have me beat after catching a 50 footer (section of wireline). A few hours later.... not to be out done.... I snagged me a 75 foot section of wireline! It was my first wireline catch. We laughed and a couple of our guests will also.

See you soon!

We will have a 3 bedroom cabin open/available/ready for this coming weekend. All of our 2 bedroom cabins that are ready are expected to be full this weekend. We have at least a couple cabins available for May trips.

Regards,