www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: April 25-2010

Default April 25-2010

The Detroit River continues to give up good numbers of walleyes as we end the month of April. Good fishing has been on the Ontario side as we have avoided the usual barrage of N or E winds that send muddy conditions down the Ont side. It is not hard finding fish even if you are new to the D-R. Look for the boats and watch to see if the nets start dipping.
    I have been using a chartruese jig 1/2-3/4 oz with a plastic minnow or worm. good trailers have been the Mizmo Scorpion, Bio Minnow and the always deadly Wyandotte worm.
    Lake Erie from Colchester to Leamington is about ready to bust open as water temps have now reached about 53 degrees. Once again you will see the boats in the same old spots like Holiday Beach east to Colchester. Many will be using harnesses or crankbaits to entice walleyes. Reef Runners and Ripsticks will do the trick for those running cranks and a selection of Northland Baitfish image blades on your crawler harness will cover all the bases you will need. This yr has a been a good one with many walleyes over 27" boated this yr for my boat.
    In tournament news Steve Velte and myself fish the Michigan Walleye Tour Detroit River event with a 2 day total of 51.92lbs and an 8th place finish. The following wk we were back at it in the Masters Walleye Circuit D-R Lake Erie event. Unfortunatley we could not put 2 days together and fell from 4th on day 1 with 36.35lbs on day 1 to 52nd with a dismal 15. 57lbs on day 2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shawn-walleye.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	9339  
    Chartertalk Guide Service
    Bob Devine

Web Site: http://www.chartertalk.com/

Thanks to:
    Off Shore Tackle, St Croix Rods, Pure Water Brand, Northland Tackle, Okuma Fishing, Torpedo Fishing Products