www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report

Default Fishing Report

I fished 21-23 with guide Charlie Thompson. The first two days were tough with high clear skies and little wind. Charlie put me on some fish but, despite Charlie telling me to slow my 8's down, I just was moving the bait too fast on the 8. It appears the fish want a much slower 8 in the Cave than in my experience in the north country. I finally got to put the hooks to one in the rain on the 23rd and Charlie netted my fat 36" fish. I had numerous opportunities after that, with at least 8 more fish coming to the boat, but it was the last fish that I finally got the picture (with Charlie's voice yelling "slower!") to slow down the bait and hooking one on the 8. Unfortunately I manage to lose the battle to that fish, when the hooks came out after a wild battle at the boat.

It was my first Cave trip and Charlie was a fantastic guide. I asked him to give me pointers and I honestly learned a ton from him in 3 days. I can't wait to come back next year. If you come down....ask for Charlie!

Dan

Talking

Glad you had a good time, Dan. It's hard to find a harder working guide than Mr. Thompson, that's fer sure. m