www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opening Weekend May 1

Default Opening Weekend May 1

Just trying to get anyones thought on the Rainbow Flowage. I know the water level is down on all lakes all over, but where would anyone suggest going on the Rainbow opening weekend for Walleyes! Would love to hear any particular suggestions for areas, bait, color, etc.

If anyone else would suggest any other Lakes for Walleye that would be great. I will be bringing my son who really loves to fish for Walleye, Crappie, and Perch, but as most of you know is really impatient. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I just checked the Hwy. J launch yesterday and it is unuseable. The only ramp that I know of that is possible to launch is the launch by the intersection of Hwy. D and Hwy E near the dam. You are restricted to fishing the deep channels because that is the only place there is water.

Pick a lake and fish the weeds in less than 8 feet of water. If weeds are there there wil be fish. The lake I fished this weekend had perch in the 6-8 foot range with weeds. The walleyes were there also. Had water temps of 53-55 on that lake. Slip bobbers with minnows and split shot with floating jighead really triggers the fish. Drag and stop and the floating jighead will cause the bait to rise above the elodea weed. Worked with minnows but is deadly with leeches.