When my wife, actually girlfriend at the time, expressed interest in heading out with me, I thought it was a hell of an idea, but I learned real quick that this wasn't like having a buddy in the boat. the first outing we didn't speak for the entire 4 hours that we fished, and I like Paul had to dial down the intensity. After the initial outing the first thing I did was get her comfortable driving the boat, so I can back the trailer in and park, and she can pick me up at the launch dock, she still refuses to load the boat on the trailer but in time she may try it. Secondly I had to keep her comfort level in mind, a guy doesn't need much on the water, but for her we stow a roll of TP and a towel to cover herself because she can be shy, as well as a bucket to relieve herself in, she has a bladder the size of a walnut. When she is out with me I have also found myself turning the radio on more, and when she isnt fishing because she has a book, found a pretty leaf floating or sees a million dollar cabin I should buy for us, I find myself actually fishing harder, because I still want to try and impress this woman, she doesn't kow I suck at musky fishing just yet.

I keep my mannerisms calm, and my frustrations to myself and it is enjoyable sharing a boat with my wife. Just try to foresee possible issues and plan accordingly, i.e. warm clothes. I also had to, and I know it can be frowned upon, but switch her over to heavy spinning gear and downsized her lures, her wrists get sore quick, and the lighter gear allows her to fish longer and enjoy herself more, when she gets to sore she just throws on a bass spinner and tries for largemouth on the weed edges while I hurl for skies. hope any of this helps and remember if the fish arent biting there are plenty of places to hide on a lake and enjoy other aspects of your relationship.