www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: This Year's Walleye Bag Limits

Default This Year's Walleye Bag Limits

This was posted by Guide Scott Biscobing, a Rhinelander guide yesterday. I had heard in the Lakeland Times that this posting from the WDNR would be coming. Here is the link:

http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/regulations/2...glimitsweb.pdf

As a follow-up this story tells that the above bag limits are per the Chippewa declaration and lake bag limits could be adjusted per the actual spearing harvest numbers. http://dnr.wi.gov/news/DNRNews_Lookup.asp?id=218#art1

Mark

Default New TL Chain regulations

In reading the basic content of the measure passed regarding walleye limits on the chain, will the walleye limits stay at the annual announced 2 fish limit even though the measure calls for the limit to go to 5 from the current 3 fish limit? I do like the 1 over 14" and no minimum portion.

crystalcreek:

That measure should go into effect next year if I understand how the hearing operate, meaning that whatever the limits were posted in that article would be what could be in effect depending on the reporting of the Tribal harvest.

Mark

Also remember that even though the public voted in favor it still has to go back to the Conservation Congress for final approval before it moves on. Mark is correct that proposals that get passed this year don't go into effect until next year. The bag limit amendments change every year based on the results of tribal spearing numbers. Every year is a new ballgame.

Pete Stoltman Regular Fishin' Regular Guys
    www.rfrgoutdoors.com
    rfrgoutdoors2@gmail.com
    (715) 614-4142