www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Recent voting results

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snizz View Post
    Wow that's a game changer...I hope it doesn't create a new crop of lazy muskie fisherman on the chip.

If I had a vote it would have been an enthusiastic no!

WHAT AM I HEARING HERE!!?!???!? SAY IT AINT SO!!!! Trolling on the flowage??? This news has just ruined my day, week, and possibly year!!! My vote definitely would have been NO WAY IN HELL as well... I also agree that deer hunting over a pile of corn isn't deer hunting... it is shooting your pets... Any idea when this "trolling" will be allowed so I can plan to find a new lake to fish accordingly??? hah.... There is a reason I have a sticker on my boat that says "TROLLING DOESNT COUNT"

I suppose the other group that might have voted for the motor trolling would be some Walleye fisherman, as it's a favorite method for some. I don't know...maybe the Chip's big enough to handle it without a lot of shots being fired across the bow. But it's kind of a nostalgia lost, too. What's next...voting in more shoreline development, or lodges on the islands?

It is NOT law yet. It is just an opinion poll. With that said, the majority was a "yes" vote for trolling, so they will take that into consideration. And honestly, with the DNR head not being a DNR guy, a public vote may have been a moot point regardless. They'll probably do whatever they feel will make more money, and they probably feel opening up more water to more tactics will increase tourism.

I just think its going to create more tension and headaches. You think its bad getting cut off on Pete's by another person casting or camping, just wait for your first troller going inside you over and over and over. I could probably put up with a few out trolling the deep channels, but trying to weaver around the structure is going to be a mess if they open it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    You think its bad getting cut off on Pete's by another person casting or camping, just wait for your first troller going inside you over and over and over.
    That's what I'm saying! You might have to raise a few pirate flags to keep people away :P

From the looks of the letter that John shared with us, I also agree that the DNR prolly doesn't give a h00t about peoples opinions...

"You might have to raise a few pirate flags to keep people away :P"

Flaming arrows over their bow. If that doesn't work...I don't know what will.

Not sure how I feel about this issue. I like to troll when I'm too burned out from casting or when it's cold out, but the Chip can be a zoo at times and I just don't see it working out there (see the pete's bar example above). I know I wouldn't troll on the Chip even if it were legal. That type of water I much prefer to cast.

On the plus side, one time I had a pontoon troller (not on the Chip) go through the weedbed I was fishing and I had a follow right afterwards. I think it pushed the fish towards me or stirred it up a bit. I pulled the lure out (had weeds on it) and then saw the fish. Doh!

I do think you should be able to use your electric trolling motor while sucker fishing. It's pretty stupid that can be considered trolling.

I have no problem with it as far as it being ethical. Live bait is cheating too right?