I believe there was also a vote regarding walleye and bass regulations. I am a little confused by the action of the DNR on this issue. I no longer live in the area, so I don't hear everything, but I have seen little to back up the claim of bass as the problem. Any time I have seen something in writing about the DNR stating the largemouth are eating walleye and musky fry, there is no citation of studies or data. Then they advocate the harvesting of largemouth, again, without data or studies to prove why this is good. As stated in the previous comment, many factors will influence population production of a given species. In my opinion, abiotic factors like temperature, water level, etc. are likely to have a much larger effect on reproduction/recruitment than predation. I realize that the walleye fishery needs improvement and there are many people who want to see that happen, but it should be at the cost of a different fishery. When I am not musky fishing, bass are my target on the chip. I am probably a minority in this regard, but it doesn't mean the bass fishery should be left by the wayside.