Sorry Harry HVAC wasn't able to make it last weekend as I was in no-man's land for cell coverage!!! I was going to try to call in with an on the water report, but was too entranced catching a few crappies and even fewer perch. This time sworn to secrecy, I was on the fabled Vilas County Lake.

Here is my report:

While I saw low to mid 40 degree water temps on some mid-sized lakes during the weekend, this particular body of water on the windy side was working in the low to mid 50's and got as high as 55*. I was fishing crappie minnow under a cork and pinkie type jigs under corks as well. The first crappie and first two perch were so aggressive that after killing them to get the hook out, I figured I would keep some to clean to along with the three. Finally the pink Shrimpo with the white plastic body got things going and 7 smaller crappies ended up going in the livewell and the largest crappie along with four LM bass were released.

The interesting item to note for the day was the perch had not spawned yet... I also felt the smaller sized crappies would be more males than females, but more had eggs than less though they (the eggs) were still small and harder than the perch.

Gotta run, hopefully get my turkey and be on the water again next Sunday...

Mark