www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: a little help please...

Default a little help please...

just was looking at SLEDGE JERKBAITS and was thinking of getting a few but.............. anyone here have them?????try them???????? even see them????????? if so ........r they any good????
    not wanting anyone to bash them just your thoughts is all......

i use leos all the time and love them for jerking just saw the sledges and liked a few of there colors and was wondering about them........hey thanks and hope you all have a safe summer and much fun....
    skidoo.......

Not bad baits at all, they are a go to bait for the boys down in Kentucky in the springtime. Try them out.

sledge jerkbaits are nice baits if I didn't use a Latiano or a Leo the sledge would be my go to chop bait . I like the nine inch weighted jerks I don't like the 6 inch or any of the unweighted models . If your used to working Leos you may have to work the sledge a litte faster they are pretty boyant . Oh and I guess you can troll wth them as fast as you want they stay just under the surface and do a lazy snake like movement .

Lance McFeely
    "THE FERD"

Default thanx 4 the help

thanks ,,,,,,,,,,,why not like a 6in????????? i understand they float alot so wghted is the way to go but wouldnt a 6 in wghted be good??????? just wondering is all.......i know a 6 in leo gets deeper than a 8in leo jerk ,,,less would to float up.......... hummmmmmm hey again thanxs and this is a great way to learn b4 spendin $$$$$$$$.....

skidoo

It has been awhile since I owned a 6 inch sledge but if I remember right I had a hard time keeping the thing in the water . As soon as I would pull down on the bait it would pop right back up to the surface before I could pick up the slack . I remember that I could reel it down at first and then start jerking it in but I didn't like doing that so I got rid of the bait .

Lance McFeely
    "THE FERD"

i like the 9 in. also,have same problem with 6 in. i use only the weighted ones. been using them for years and love them. my go to bait in Canada. had sledge paint us a different perch color,worked better than the one they paint and sell.