www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ball Lake musky?

Default Ball Lake musky?

I go out to webster for musky, however in a 16 foot canoe things can get interesting. I was looking at Ball lake east of Webster by a good drive, only 87 acres, and has a long narrow shape that would allow me to more efficiently fish the lake. So whats the word? anyone drug a musky out of Ball lake lately?

Ball to me is shaped like Long, its a neat lil pond. I have only fished it 2 times. Dad did good bass fishin, but the only fish i seen was a dead 44" where the inlet is. Deep lake as well, I think we seen 60'. I like the lake, its a haul from dads house in albion, i think it take me 45 mins to get up there, and its about 45 mins to webster from his place. The only thing i could see would be if the wind was up. the lake sits east to west I think. Get a uncle larrys map if you do go, the road to the ramp is marked I think.

I have only been there twice, but did manage a mid 30's there. Like mentioned, ,it is long narrow and deep. It is also chock full o' shad. I ended up catching on firetiger, trying to unmatch the hatch.

I know that a very large musky was caught there last year that I guess was in the 50 inch class range. So there are some nice fish in there and I know a couple guys fish it on occasion. Definitely worth a shot, just because you don't hear much about it doesn't mean it doesn't have decent fish.

Ball is a fun lake to fish. I've had a lot of action on firetiger cranks cast along the breaks. My personal best was a 45" a couple years ago. If you're standing at the boat launch looking at the lake, there is a small sand bar out to the left about 50 to 100 yards. I've had some good battles there....along with a little crick inlet on the south shoreline towards the east end of the lake.

Thumbs up Thanks!

Thanks for all the advice! I have since got a 14' v-bottom with a motor and hooked up a fish finder..life is much easier. I am finding I like fishing the smaller lakes, regardless of the catch. Thanks a lot, I know little about fishing, and even less about musky, all the input is appreciated.