www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Levels

Default Water Levels

A common theme I've read and heard lately is lake levels are really down this spring across the Northwoods.. This hold true for the ER chain or do the powers that be keep the levels there more stable with the two dams on the chain?

Very low. On the TL side, Crystal Creek is my home and no way do I get to my pier. No one along the creek can. Lots of new beach at the moment, though I did hear that the dams are closed and the pool should come up. Need some real rain for a spell.

Where on TL is Crystal Creek, crystalcreek?? :-)

Crystal Creek feeds into Crystal Lake from the west side of 45 and then connects to Deer Lake. We're closer to Deer Lake, so that helps with low water situations. Its a long trip at no wake from the launch on Crystal Lake near Sankey's.

Default RFRG Outdoors

ER Chain is at normal level... I hear that because there is a power generation dam on the ER Chain it falls under federal mandates and as such stays within 6 inches (+ -) or so of a prescribed level.

Good deal for the ER side. If the TL pool doesn't come up, I may have some fun on other lakes for awhile this year.