www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Boreal Bay - Ice-out Report!

Default Boreal Bay - Ice-out Report!

Everything is now looking to be on target for Kakagi (Crow) Lake ice-out Lake Trout next weekend! The ice is broken up in the bay already and expect open water to the islands in the next couple days. Hoping to have at least one of our boats in the water on Wednesday or Thursday so I can go have a look at the ice around middle of this week.

A few very small fish showing up around the docks already and they apparently attracted about a 5 pound Lake Trout that was swimming around our docks this morning!

Last week Girlie and I watched impressive multi-colored Northern Lights one night. Never a bad time of year to see Northern Lights, but something just feels good about seeing them in the spring.

Also last week a Cougar was reportedly sighted on the south end of the lake on the Indian reservation.

Yesterday a huge Otter was running and sliding all the way across the bay on the ice sheet as it was breaking-up. It really looked to be having a great time. When the Otter would stop and stand up it was about 3' tall, so hoping Girlie does get to close.

Girlie and I have been enjoying some great weather all week with most days in the low to mid 50's. The week ahead is predicted to be more of the same.

The area is very quiet this time of year, but it sure feels great to be here.

Regards,
    Kevin Nelson
    Boreal Bay Lodge
    (800) 541-5816

Thanks for the ice update. If ice permits would like to be on the lake Monday 19th.

I took a boat out to Gull Island tonight, did not see any ice. Expect if any ice out on the lake, will be gone by the weekend.

Jean was able to post a few pictures on our Facebook page.... the ice near our beach Sunday AM and a few project pictures. Expecting we will have a little mess for a while until the projects are further along. Our boat will be clear for this weekend and we have a couple cabins ready to go!

Regards,
    Kevin Nelson
    Boreal Bay Lodge
    (800) 541-5816