www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Trolling rig

Default Trolling rig

Well I'm making my "wants list" for this season and I'm going to buy a planer board setup for Lake St. Clair this year. I found some Solid Cedar boards(big ones) on ebay and I bought those. I'm going to a rail mount reel setup instead of the mast (because my wife wants to get a cuddy for Lake Erie/LSC). My question is, what reels should I get, what board line and which release are the best to use? All of my trolling reels will have mono.
    Any advice will be apprciated.
    thanks
    Brent

btw, I went out on Clearfork twice now and I couldn't put any pattern together. Seems pretty slow there

How did the water look over there at CF? I have heard it is a little dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Spence View Post
    Well I'm making my "wants list" for this season and I'm going to buy a planer board setup for Lake St. Clair this year. I found some Solid Cedar boards(big ones) on ebay and I bought those. I'm going to a rail mount reel setup instead of the mast (because my wife wants to get a cuddy for Lake Erie/LSC). My question is, what reels should I get, what board line and which release are the best to use? All of my trolling reels will have mono.
    Any advice will be apprciated.
    thanks
    Brent

btw, I went out on Clearfork twice now and I couldn't put any pattern together. Seems pretty slow there
    Brent, check out the Riviera's . Thats what I use in a rail mount up here on St Clair.
    Lead Follow or Get out of the Way
    The Big Hound is comin Through

http://web.mac.com/dogriver1

Quote Originally Posted by crittergitter View Post
    How did the water look over there at CF? I have heard it is a little dirty.
    Very good clarity for this time of year. East end was more clear than the west end like always.

Quote Originally Posted by St Clair Hound View Post
    Brent, check out the Riviera's . Thats what I use in a rail mount up here on St Clair.
    Will do! thanks!