www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: this weekend fishing

Default this weekend fishing

Mike just a question
    Do you think the fish will "ON" this weekend with the weather change?
    Do we have enough time to recover from the cold front till the weekend?
    Thanks
    Steve Fioro

Fishing has definately picked up a little bit...caught some nice fish this week. Pound it hard, and you should get a few chances. I will be in MN this weekend, so I won't be out there. Shadillacs have produced some nice fish recently. Fish are just not "starting" to spawn, and with the cold front moving it some will stay shallow while the others that have just moved in will probably pull back a bit. Plus the shad have started to move in already, but they are no where near ready to spawn yet either...beat your spots up and try and locate active fish. There are some up shallow as well as off the breaks as of now.

Good luck out there this weekend...wish I could join ya out there, but I'll be stuck in my booth all weekend!!! LOL
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Hey Steve!

Where you gonna be fishing! I'll be up on Tippy tomorrow from noon-till? If your there I'm in a White Lowe 180 w/150 Johnson (white) Navy boat decal. If you see me come on over and say Hi! I'd be glad to meet ya in person! Maybe we'll be able to catch a few before Mike gets back!! I was on Tippy last Sat. from 7:30-3:00 threw the kitchen sink at 'em no luck! I knew they would be on better by Mon. or Tues. ! Leave to the Master to put 'em in the boat! Hope to see ya on the water!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!

hey bud I will be fishing the Barbee chain so I would prob see you if you head over here. I have not put much time in yet this year.
    I fricken hate spring fishing for ski's around here. the weather and fish are soooooooo unpredictable this time of year.
    I will be in the crestliner boat.. can't miss me I will be the one will no fish. LOL
    good luck out there
    Steve Fiorio

So what's the report Steve? No luck in my boat! We fished Kuhn, Big Barbee, and Little Barb from noon till-2, then went to Tippy. That wind was crazy today. I still had fun throwing this winter's new toys anyway. The Shadillac got alot of love and those Kraves are sick ripped and twitched, they look awesome. I also like the Red Octobers for 2-6 ft. they are really nice for these sluggish fish. I heard that they were on better Mon. & Tues. some nice fish were caught. I don't think I saw you, I'll catch up with ya later! I'll be out again next Sat. not sure where yet!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!

I ended up with 2 ski's.. I only fished for them on Sat night for about a 1/2 hour or so.. I had my father-in-law with me all day and had to fish for pan fish.. He can't cast muskie lures like we can. No real size a 24-28" and a 43" ski. the 43" was fat as heck..... Sunday took my son out for bass. The good news is he wants to muskie fish with me next weekend. ( tear falling down my face) lol lol lol
    They should be on!!!!

I was out Saturday and Sunday. I had my knee scoped 2 weeks ago so its still painful. Anyways Saturday had a lazy follow on a glider, real lazy. Sunday was the same. But I did get to see 2 fish so I was happy.