www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Is it just me...?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks everyone for the advice and pats on the back. I haven't been able to chase any toothy guys since my original post, but hope to be back on the water this upcoming weekend.

Does anyone have any experience with musky on the KY River? I believe around Frankfort there is a fishable population. Any one? Bueller?

I agree with everyone else! It IS tough! I've only been Musky fishing for 2 GOOD seasons, meaning truly chasing Musky and I've only boated 4 total. But some of my best days have been on Cave Run. Last September, me and a couple buddies fished a whole weekend of torential downpour, miserable, saoked head to toe and I boated 3 of my 4 Muskies in about 45 minutes! and my buddies missed 3 between them in the same timeframe because they don't listen and refuse to figure 8 on every cast!!!! They pulled the baits right out of thier mouths to the point they were coming up out of the water after them! All of mine were caught on a bait that everyone said they weren't biting on.......a super top-raider!!! Everyone down there said the topwater bite was not happening, but I didn't listen, and it paid off! That same weekend between 3 of us we raised 33 Muskies! My motto for this season, is fish my OWN fish! I'm not going to listen to what everyone else is doing, I'm switching it up. I'm gonna focus on throwing baits the Musky haven't seen in awhile, especially on cave Run. All you hear down there is Bulldogs, Medussa's, Cowgirls.......I'll still throw em' but I'm also gonna throw glide baits, Creepers, different color combinations they haven't seen in awhile, I HOPE it pays off!!!! Just keep with it and you'll be surprised......I'd be willing to Musky fish with anyone who truly wants to spend the time on the water. I have a 21ft Sprint Bass Boat (red) so if you see me stop by and chat too......I'll share "some" info!!!! lmao