www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Good friday musky..

Default Good friday musky..

Spent the day fishing with good friend Paul Fec and his son Christian on a PA lake. Trolled most of the day with no action, about 30 mins before we were ready to call it a day my side rod ripped off some line and within 2 mins this fish lay in the bottom of the net. I give more credit to this catch to Paul and Christian then i do myself. This was a team effort to catch this fish, i didn't catch the fish alone, we all caught this fish. The fish took a 5.5 jtd Wiley. The dimensions were 49" by 27.5" girth...Also the fish was successfully released after a few photos and swam away rather impressively if i must say so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant 2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	9071   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant 1.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	9072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giant 3.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	9073  
    Last edited by allegheny river kid; 04-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.

Default Congrats

Couldn't have happened to a better guy Joel.....great fish and, as always, great fishing with you. I was just glad to have been a part of it. I'm sure Christian was too because he was telling all the kids at his Easter egg hunt today about the "Monster"....they all just looked at him like he was nuts. The beginnings of another muskie maniac!! ha ha ha

Congrats buddy!

Great lookin fish!! I am glad to hear some people are catching musky. Congrats

Jewel, Congrats on the hog. Also to your captain Paul. I was at Dales today and he was telling me about the fish. What a way to start the season!! See you guys on the water soon.... Joe M

WOW!!! That is a fantastic fish!! Seeing pics like that makes it just a little easier gettin through those long days knowing that a beast like that might be just a cast away. CONGRATS to all involved!!

Just a stud. Period. Congrats to all who had the pleasure!
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Congrats on such a super catch. I will so be getting into Musky fishing which I have never done before. What color Wiley would you suggest for me to purchase? Firetiger,BlueFrog, Nine River Bass.... any help would be appreciated Gary

I'd start with a Michigan Perch, you can't go wrong there.

Congrats on a great start and a true Pa hog!

That's a fattie!!!!!! Nice way to start off the year!

Some guys travel a thousand miles for a fish like that. Whatta beautiful giant PA girl. Congratulations.

Congrats on a great fish. It's amazing how heavy some of our prespawn muskies get in some PA and OH lakes. That's what you hope for when the rod goes off in the spring.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and congrats..It was truely a fish of lifetime for me. Paul deserves as much if not more of the credit for the catch, just happened to grabbed one of my lines...without him the fish would of never made it to the net...hopefully shes a little bigger next year for someone else to catch and feel the excitement!! Checking my options before i decide who to do the replica.

Joel

Did you ever decide on the replica??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I've decided on Fittante. I had planned to order it after the beginning of the new year until i bought the new to me boat. Until everythings squared away on it i'm gonna hold off on ordering, probably later in the year.

I like Fittantes work the best too! Hes doing my Big Walleye right now!

Brian