www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Walleye Action?

Exclamation Walleye Action?

Has anyone had any luck yet fishing for Walleyes on the river? Spent the whole day yesterday fishing and caught 2 fish none were legals. Didn't seem that they were ready to spawn yet either. Just wondering if perhaps I am in the wrong location and need to move or if they are still sluggish.

Default walleyes

Have not spent much time fishing walleyes on the Wisconsin river as I have been fishing over in Green Bay. I think with the ultra warm temperatures (both air and water) it has certainly affected your normal spring walleye spots. This along with the low water flow/current and many of your walleyes are not moving upstream as they have in the past. They are spawning on areas further down river that have gravel/rock. I was spend time downriver or in the main lake basin if you are fishing Dubay and try some of these areas. Take a kid fishing

See you on the river
    Todd

With the lack of flow this spring the fish have really been scattered for the most part. Now that the water temps have reached into the 50's here locally (they were 56 degrees on Thursday), it appears the spawn is done and the fish are scattering somewhat in typical post-spawn pattern. The "run-and-gun" approach hitting multiple spots over the course of a day and/or trolling has been effective in getting on, and staying on fish; jig and twister combos and cranks have both been working.

Tight lines,
    Wisconsin Angling Adventures
    Joel DeBoer

Web Site: http://www.wisconsinanglingadventures.com
    FaceBook: Joel DeBoer Outdoors
    Twitter: @joelthemuskyman
    Email: joelthemuskyman@charter.net
    715-297-7573