www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: ice out report

Default ice out report

Rachel and I went for a boat ride tonight and the ice was out everywhere we went on the west side. We didn't go to Chief lake but I would guess it's out or close to it. I saw some snow geese or swans but couldn't get close enough to tell. All I know is that I have never seen any geese that color up here. That ranks right up there with the pelicans I saw last year over on Sand Island. I do have witnesses. Pretty weird to see either around here.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Thanks Ty. I'll be chasing some crappies soon.

It's a fun time of year. Lots of different birds passing through. I saw a flock of 5 sand hill cranes fly over our house here in the twin cities, a few days ago.

Hi Ty...

I've heard that some of the lakes up that way are a bit low. At least on the east side of the state. How's the water level doing on the Chip so far? Do they close up the gates at the dam a little more around the first of April or so?

I remember seeing those pelicans over in the tall grass by blueberry flats one morning really early. Laughed the whole time I could see them. I think I woke them up. I thought the same thing when I saw them, nobody is going to believe me, and my wife and kids still do not believe they were there.

Corey Meyer

Corey, since I saw the pelicans also maybe your wife and kids..............never mind, I don't bring much credibility to the table either with that bunch.

As for the water level, it will not be a problem on the Chip because we have flowing water to fill the lake but some of the natural lakes around here could definitely use some rain. I'm also not exactly sure what goes on over at the dam. I think they regulate more on their power needs than our fishing needs being that it was formed for just that. I don't worry too much about water levels out here. I can see where some resorts would get frustrated but for the most part low water can be dealt with just fine if you don't let it bother you.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com