www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Early Ice Out Early Spring

Default Early Ice Out Early Spring

From All Reports Back At Camp The Boys Are All Saying It Could Be The Earliest Ice Out In 40+ Years.
    Less Than 24" Of Ice And It's Been 40-60 Degrees Past Week With Sun And Warm Temps This Week.
    Long Range Projections Are For An Early Spring And Warm May On.
    Water Levels Are Excellent And With An Early Spring It Will Be An Excellent Late May June Fishing Season For Walleyes,bass,pike,and Lakers And Setting Up The Rest Of The Season For A Banner Year Especially For Big Muskies And Walleyes.
    We Still Got A Few Great Spots Left For This Time Frame.
    Give Us A Call For Specials And Availablity.
    Spring Is On It's Way,people Are Getting The Itch With Bookings Starting To Spike So If You're Contemplating A Trip And Get Away Nows The Time To Get It Going If You Haven't Already.
    Good Times And Great Fishing Are Awaiting!!!
    Steve Herbeck
    Aml
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Talking

Cant wait Herbie...we are a few months away until the pike bonanza begins...question: will #2 be waiting for us?

Default cant wait

you know we love the early ice out and opening week!

Default herbie

#2 will have banner on it welcoming you again!!!
    the way it is progressing regarding weather,ice-out,and forcasts it bodes good news for those who are making or contemplating a may or june trip this year.
    walleyes should be well past spawn and in predictable locations ,bass back on thier regular spawning/bedding routine after a couple cooler springs,trout will be the same as always cruising shorelines and shallow,slowly dropping deeper as the water warms,and in your case and specie choice weed growth should develop earlier than last year making the early june pike fishing much better and also more predictable with more big fish in shallow,as well as set up the musky opener in later june for a great start and if it is a good warm summer as predicted it could reach a peak for big fish quite possibly like we have never experienced thru the season.
    for those looking in and thinking of an early trip in late may through june this is a good year to do it with less ice than normal and much warmer avg temps for this time of the season,we very well could have june weather as early as may.forget about that darn cool spring/june last year it was an abnormal deal.
    regular fantastic late may/june fishing awaits you.
    we still have some openings and specials,give us a call for current details,would be great to see you and show you a great time!!!
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Hey Herbie, and everyone. It is most definately the earliest and warmest march i've ever seen... My dad has lived on Eagle since 1950 and he says he's never seen it this early. I was down at Bear Narrows yesterday and there is about 10-12" there, caught 18 eyes... Been fishing for eyes off of Swanson and Partridge point as well, and there's about 24" there. Can't wait for open water.

Scotty J.

Default herbie

thanks for chiming in scotty,info from those on staff,in touch with whats going on up there on a day to day is priceless when i'm still down here in the states.
    looking forward to bringing the ole gillesp,rob,pete,danny and the gang for johns last ice fishing episode next week,should be a great time,can't wait to see you all again,catch some fish,have a couple together and catch up and start our planning for the 2010 season.,
    our ice down here is long gone. danny grabbed me this a/m and we went down to the mississippi just south of us by dubuque,we caught some eyes and saugers to around 4-5 # though most were 13-17". water was high,muddy,and cold but hey it's better than running around the country or sitting in the office like i been doing all winter.been starting to go stir crazy.even got a bit of sun burn!!
    still it wasn't like being in canada but it got the itch started, won't be long!!
    take care and i'll see ya in week or so.
    herbie
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Herbie, let me know when the gang is going to be up here, i'm most definatley going to fish with them more than one evening this year.

Scott

Default ice out

we could have a early ice out,but now with the cooler nights and days coming for the next week or so,i don,t think it will be that early as everyone thinks.happened 6 years ago that i remember,we put a boat in on the indian lake chain and got to fish walleye from a boat for 3 days before the season closed,that was pretty cool.have been fishing for trout and walleyes on a bunch of different lakes and every lake seems to have diff. ice conditions.fishing near a feeder creek a couple of days ago and we had like scott said,around 10-12",but on the other side in a diff. bay we had over 20".so if your fishing near some current areas,you will find some thinner ice.walleyes seem to be heading into shallower water of 10-15',that is were we have been catching them,mostly all males with the odd bigger females.yesterday we went a little farther north for some trout and we caught most of them within 5' under the ice.they seem to be real hungry as they were very aggressive.pike were also very aggressive as we caught a bunch of them up on top of the reef we were fishing around,lost most of them as we just had mono leaders on.for us its been a great winter to be outdoors,havn,t had to sit in a shack so far,just the i like it.don,t see any problems yet for coming up in the next couple of weeks as far as the ice goes,but after that ,who knows.headed out tomorrow for some walleys were we were a couple of days ago,will check out to how much ice dissappeared in the last couple of days.

Cool Early Spring ......

Was out ice fishing with John J. the last few times and YES the ice is going out quicker than normal for this time of the year.

The weather has changed again and the temperatures are going to be below freezing for the next few days. This will slow the ice out process down a little. Will probably give us a few more days, possibly weeks of fishing. Early ice out will depend on future weather condition ..

I sure would like to see it go out early, have had enough of the hard water fishing for now, would love to get the boat in the water and try some pre-spawn boat fishing for those walleyes ..

Like John J. said it has been a few years since "we" put a boat in the water on Indian Lake chain before the April 15th Walleye closer.
    If I recall right, it was more like 10 year ago when we did this ..
    Can't quite pin point the year, memory a bit fuzzy (OLD AGE ) haha .....
    We fished for the last 3 afternoon/evening in a row and fishing was respectable.

Here is to great fishing and hopefully great weather this summer, we need it .
    Ken G