www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: tournament points

Default tournament points

Can somebody tell me how all of the points work or if there is a document explaining the points. So far I have fished the Spring Classic and Spring Lake. So, I know that I get attendance points for both plus the points for the fish I caught at Spring Lake and points for placing. What I don't know is how all of the points work at club tournaments. When I fish the Shawnee tournament in May I will get attendance points (10 as opposed to 15), but do I also get IMTT points for catching fish and placing? Thanks, Kyle.

Smile

I'll take a stab at this.

Yes, fish caught in club tourneys(like Shawnee, F.R.V., and L.S.M.C.) are counted if you are a member of the I.M.T.T.

Yes, you are awarded placing points as well.

Let's take a hypothetical Shawnee Spring Fling where you take 1st place with 3 fish- 43, 38, 32 = 113 fish points
    10 points for participation
    5 points for taking 1st
    ---------------------------
    128 total points

Even though scoring muskies may be different at Shawnee's Spring Fling, i.e. 5 points per 30 inch muskie, 1 point per additional inch, the IMTT still scores your caught fish there under IMTT rules(30 points per 30 inch muskie + 1 point per additional inch)

As long as you are a member of the IMTT, we will get a tally of each fish caught, cross check to see if they are a paid IMTT member, and award the points to your Trail Standing.

It is a good idea to keep track of your total and report any errors in our record keeping. This is a new system in place this year and so like with anything, they'll be mistakes along the way. Please alert Tom Humrickhouse if you notice something incorrect. Tom saw a way to make the scoring easier by using the google spreadsheet program. That makes it a lot easier for your lowly webmaster to get the results out to our members.

If you ever fish a club tourney and can take a picture of the final leaderboard (that lists every angler and who caught what) please do so! It makes double checking much simpler and accurate.

Documentation of rules and point scoring will soon be added to the website. Until then, you might e-mail President Howard Chambliss at hdpada@aol.com

Thanks and good luck at the Spring Fling!!

Mike Witowski