www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: natural reproduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking

At the Cave last week, DNR was shocking fish and collecting eggs in Beaver Creek, Buck Run, Clay Lick....

It's difficult for muskies to spawn in flood control reservoirs, since water levels in the shallows fluctuate so much. Where they lay eggs one week could be dry land two weeks later. m

Ahhh, I was misinformed then. I did read that somewhere, though. I guess you can't believe everything you read. Have they done that in years past too?

Talking

Tim, I dunno, and I couldn't tell if it was state or fed people in the boat. All i know, I was trying to get some fishing done in Buck Creek, but it's hard to compete with a fish shocking rig!

Scott attended a local club meeting that evening and they were talking about shocking in the main lake and Beaver Creek there, he passed on some info to me about the catch rates (which were considerably better than mine!). Contact Mr. Salchli since I'm sure he knows more than I. m
    Last edited by mikie; 03-29-2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typo

Hey Mikie, how did you guys wind up doing? I was the guy in the back of the Stratos you kept bumping into in the Northfork area on Friday. A tough bite, but we did wind up with some nice accidental bass and the one sub-legal.

Talking

Actually, it was my son Jon's best day on the water in quite some time - maybe ever. The muskies weren't moving for me, but he targeted bass and got his PB largemouth, a KY spot, many white bass and a couple stripers. It was his second time out fishing this year and he cleaned up! I couldn't be much happier about that. m

I was fishing around black water in late fall and I saw alot of musky in the 9 to 12 in. swiming around.I think this are natural reproduction, because is area are not stock.