www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: South Fork Near Park Falls ?

Default South Fork Near Park Falls ?

Hi Guys

I am hoping somebody can give a little info on the South Fork of the Flambeau around Park Falls. We fish the North quite a bit but this year we are renting a new rental house along the South Fork and thought if there are any fish worth fishing in there I would use it for my daughters to hopefully catch a few fish right out of the back yard at the rental. If there is nothing in there that is ok too , but I just had never asked the question since we have never had the chance of fishing it.

Thanks in advance !

Chad

Chad,

Where abouts on the river are you staying??. Once i know your location and depending on water levels may be able to get you some info.
    Joe
    Northland Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    Joe Brezinski - Professional Fishing Guide

Web Site: http://www.northlandguideservice.net/

Joe

We are staying about 8 miles east of Park Falls

Directions to The Bear's Den:
    From Park Falls, take Highway 182 east for approximately 8 miles, south onto East Road for approximately 3/4 mile and west on East Sugarbush Lane to property located on the left side of the road ~ look for Fire Number W4947.

From the rental picture the river looks fairly wide at the point behind the house. Like I said I was hoping to use it for some easy fishing for my daughters, wife and mom. Also thought about bringing my 2 man bass boat to use it with the trolling motor if it does indeed have some nice fish in it . I would love to catch some eatable Northern and maybe some catch and release nice smallmouth. If that is the case I may fish it more than the ladies We will also have my dad and my baots for the other lakes and North Fork.

Thx

Joe

I see on Google maps it looks to start getting wide right about where the house sits and wider the further south it runs. It also looks like it may get shallow is some spots too. What are your thoughts of getting a 17' Lund on that part if the river ? Is there enough fish or water ? And if so is there a boat ramp ?

Thanks again for the help !

Chad

Joe -

Any updates on the South Fork as we are under a month and counting until we head towrds the Northwoods !!!

Thx

Chad

Default South fork

The water levels continue to drop on the river. if we do not receive any rain the river could be challenging. if you are still planning to run the river you may need to get out of the boat in the low areas to navigate the rocks. it is really dependent on future rain fall in the next couple of weeks. please keep checking and if i hear anything i will pass it on.
    Joe
    Northland Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    Joe Brezinski - Professional Fishing Guide

Web Site: http://www.northlandguideservice.net/

Chad,

Did you get that e-mail I sent?

my dad has property on the south fork river so when i come up with him next week i can tell you the status of the water level. but one thing i know is that you can not fish that river with the 17ft lund but then agian i'm not familiar with your location. i recommend fishing it with the 2 man bass boat or wade it. lots of nice smallies and small pike in the river.
    Last edited by teenfisher; 05-31-2010 at 01:34 PM. Reason: info