www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Couple of Questions?

Default Couple of Questions?

1.) I'm finally breaking down and purchasing a "newer to me" fishfinder with gps... its a Lowrance LCX-15 from my buddy as he got a new boat with a newer model in it.... anybody know if these units are any good or what kind of a card I will need for it?

2.) TY! What is your availability look like this year as I'd like to get a guide trip with you for my dad and I? What would be the best time to come up and where can I send a check for a downpayment? I'm thinking maybe a wed or thurs would be best so I could make it a long weekend trip and keep fishing. I know for sure we will be up for the sept musky hunt and oct. muskies inc. tourny as usual but am not opposed to another week/trip Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbronc23 View Post
    2.) TY!

LOL! this made my day!

Best thing to do is just give me a call and I can give you some days to work with.

As for that LCX-15, I have not used this unit but have heard good things. I've had other Lowrance products and really like the viewing better than most.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Click for specs LCX-15

looks like "Custom Mapping

Optional MapCreate™ USA Topo Accessory Pack, FreedomMaps™, Fishing Hot Spots® Elite, and Navionics®"

so i think they come with the unit? but if you are getting it from your buddy he should have a chip in there already...just make sure you set it for "wid-west" or "north mid-west" i cant remember exactly because it's been 2-3 years since I have set one up...

A little warning, once you go to GPS navigation you can't go back to guessing and land marks...

Default x-15

1.) I'm finally breaking down and purchasing a "newer to me" fishfinder with gps... its a Lowrance LCX-15 from my buddy as he got a new boat with a newer model in it.... anybody know if these units are any good or what kind of a card I will need for it?

I have a couple in my boat.

I would consider this a very good mono unit, although it is an older one, so Lowrance will not do any fixit work on it.

It takes lakemaster chips best, but will take Navionics classic to my memory. The best ones were right before they stopped making them.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Esox67

.......................................TY!

Like Snizz said, the LCX15 is compatible with a lot of lake map systems. The only one that he had listed that is any good is the Navionics for most lakes. Something to think about. GPS doesn't help much if you don't have a good lake map system to go with it.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Sennett View Post
    Best thing to do is just give me a call and I can give you some days to work with.

As for that LCX-15, I have not used this unit but have heard good things. I've had other Lowrance products and really like the viewing better than most.

Sounds good, I will try to give you a ring tomorrow sometime during the day!

Well you're a tough man to get ahold of Ty! hah... Missed your call last night and tried your house and cell today but you're probably on the water or getting ready for the Minnesota show! Anyways, I sent a check out in the mail today for a downpayment on a trip with you for my Dad and I. Maybe we'll get ahold of each other sooner or later otherwise I should be at the show on Saturday so I'll swing by and talk to you! I havent won any more bottles of booze to trade you for a bigger shirt but a 2xl would be sweet if they're around

Good seeing you at the show. I forgot about that bottle of old nasty booze that you won at the Hayward muskie tourney. I don't think that stuff gets any better as it ages. Only in Hayward would you win something like that.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843