www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Rumbler?

Default Rumbler?

It's been a while since there was a lure reveiw so here's one - what about the Rumber? When it came our it was a big deal but you don't hear aobut it much now.

Summer - Mille Lacs; Winter - Clearwater, MN

I don't really think the Rumbler has turned out to be the hot 'magic' lure that it was hyped to be. Nothing ever is; here isn't a magic lure. I've run the Rumbler some and can't say that the catch rate was any better or any worse. It's a really strong, well-made bait. It's also fairly heavy for a prop-style topwater, which makes it ride a little lower in the water and makes it easy to cast.

I think all the prop baits are pretty similar and there isn't one that significantly stands above the rest. I like the Stomper, by Musky Buster, because the sound of the "plop" is a little different and it also seems to have a bit of a "squeek" sound mixed in. This season I'll also try the Water Chopper, by Lee Lures. The prop on that bait is cupped a little differently than most and it sounds different and spits water a bit differently, too. The Topraider has, of course, caught a ton of fish, but I don't use it as much. On water with old and wise fish, I like throwing something that's just a bit different than what the rest of the crowd was thrown for years and years. Then again, like most musky fishermen, I probably over-analyze everything. It probably doesn't make a bit of difference to the fish - all this thinking, theorizing, and postulating is for the fun of the angler.
    Enduro Guide Service
    Paul Schlagel

Web Site: http://www.enduroguideservice.com