www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Timing of white bass run

Default Timing of white bass run

We'd like to come down to the Freemont area for the white bass run. When should we plan to come?

Default White Bass run

It really is water temperature dependant but a good rule of thumb is when the lilacs bloom. The walleyes are in full swing as we caught 30 of them saturday in fremont. The water temp is 42 degrees already so the walleyes will spawn early this year. With the weather this week forcasted for 60, the walleyes will spawn. If the water temp keep rising at a steady pace the white bass will be early also. Usaully you can plan on mothers day weekend to be good but my guess is that the end of April the white bass will be good.

hope that helps.

Smile return on whitebass

What we found is the end of April the white bass will start to move into the river. You can watch it happen every year. The sun is higher in the sky so it will heat the mud flats up. If you know white bass they spawn on the mud flats on the river.

If you can remember last year the water temp was cold. We were 2 weeks behind and no one was catching fish. Except us I still found the mud flats we could catch 25 to 30 off of the flat but I could alway catch them in the deep water next to the flats.

So if you are trying to time it. Take the timing out of it and take a few mins. to learn what the fish are doing to make the trip fun any time you come up.
    Wolf River Outfitters
    Louis Woods

Web Site: http://www.fishwolfriver.com