www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: March 20th Ice Fishing Update

Thumbs up March 20th Ice Fishing Update

Fishing has been on and off this month. I went out Walleye fishing the other day and we did really good. We caught 14 Walleye and my brother caught 2 huge Walleyes, one being 29 1/2 inches and about 15 pounds, and another big one that was 25 inches and about 8 pounds. All the other fish were eaters and small ones. Dad went to a different spot with my cousin and they caught lots of small walleye and eaters and limited out in about 1/2 an hour.

The snow is gone and the ice is still good. It looks like its going to be an early spring. The ice was getting soft but some cold weather came in and tighten it back up again. The ice around moving and in ponds are very sketchy.

Robbie Lecot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00107 copy.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	8973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00110.jpg 
Views:	463 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	8974  
    Last edited by North Country Lodge; 03-20-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: wrote name at bottom
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com

Default Good Report

Hey Robbie,
    Good Report.
    Hope you will update often. Save some of those walleyes for me when we come up in June.
    Earl (Pfessor)

Default easter fly fishing

Thanks pfessor, ill try to keep you updated.

I was at our pike out lake yesterday, you know the one you were catching bass on, and the ice was already out (actually it went out during the day while we were there). I decided that i would see if i could raise a pike on my fly rod, and on my 3rd cast one came flying out of the water at, but it got away. It hit a few more times and he finally grabbed it and took it. It took me a while to get it landed, and it ended up to be about 24".
    North Country Lodge
    Web Site: http://www.musky-fishing.com