www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Flowage pics

Default Flowage pics

Here are a couple more pics from the last two days:

The picture with the turtle on the ice is crazy. I have never seen anything like that or heard of that. It's hard to tell from the picture but it was a very big snapping turtle.

And, before everyone flips out on Musky Hunter on the size of the jawbones, they were big teeth on a little fish. The actual jawbone itself was small but boy did it have a good set of chompers.

The bridge picture is by Herman's Landing looking west. I think the lake is filling from east to west this spring because there is more open water on the west side than the east meaning the flow is going west. Not much runoff coming in on the west side. The lake is filling pretty fast though. I'd say the lake is around two feet low. That's just a guess. I'll check the water level meter at the bridge in a couple days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spring pics 001.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	8970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spring pics 003.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	8971  
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Messed up my pics. Here's the one I didn't get posted. A computer wizz kid I am not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spring pics 002.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	8972  
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Default Lake level

Here's a link to the lake level data, if it works.

http://www.cfla.us/level.htm

Default Jaw bone or Fashion Product

That looks like a 'Flintstone' hair comb to me... which brings up this question. If the Flintstones cartoon had both Wilma and Betty looking pretty fine, why did the movie version have Elizabeth Perkins as Wilma and Rosie O'Donnell as Bettyż Doesn't make sense.

MS

Default cool pics

The "snow turtle" is amazing! They look even more prehistoric in the snow, never even occurred to me that they would be caught out in those conditions. I think the teeth in that jawbone were lodged there when the world record fish attacked and killed that little one. It's quite obvious when you do some photogramwizardry that those fangs aren't original to that jawbone! The WR is alive and well and killing lesser fish of the flowage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Front View Post
    The WR is alive and well and killing lesser fish of the flowage.
    You're probably right...but I dont think it's in the normal spots that we fish, like weeds and rocks...Prolly hanging out at 25-30 feet in the old river channel munchin on catfish...Time to start jigging!

Smile Pictures

Did I read "Rosie O'Donnell as the Snow Turtle"?
    That explains the "prehistoric looking" part!
    No wonder they seem so cranky!

Wow. It looks like we have more ice in southern minnesota. They are still walking out on 2x10 planks to get on the ice to fish. Love that picture of the turtle.