Boy I hope so. I was able to get the boat out this past week. I made my annual trip over to Pool 4 on the Mississippi. It was a bit dissapointing this year. The weather was fantastic but the fishing was less than expected. The fishing was good the week before according to the local bait shops. We hit it at almost peak run off. The water was rising 3/4" to 1" and hor while we were there. There was trees, logs, firwood and just about anything you can imagine floating down the river. You really had to be carefull when running the boats. it still was awsome to get back in the boats though. we did manage to get a few fish but we really had to work for them.
Around Rhinelander Team USA was able to finish 1st in the world championship Ice fishing tournament. I think they are lucky that the event was held when it was. With the week of 60's the ice conditions are deteriorating extremely fast. It is looking like the ice fishing season may be over. The shorelines are starting to let loose and many of the lakes are already looking pretty black. The positive side to this is as soon as the ice goes oout the boats can go in. I would rather fish crappies from my boat than looking down at a 9" hole.

Good Fishing,