www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Spillway Outing Mar 20th

Default Spillway Outing Mar 20th

For those planning on attending our outing at the spillway, just a reminder!! We will meet on the east side at the pavillion (shelter) near the north end of the parking lot at 8am. Come earlier if you wish....some of us will be there already. Plan on a soggy day and bring your Muskie face! If you're not a member, it's a perfect time to join, meet some us, and have a great day of fishing.

Hope to see you there....

Chris

how do you think the water level will be? The usgs shows that it's probably pretty high, which usually means tough fishing?

you can keep an eye on the outflow at this link http://mvs-wc.mvs.usace.army.mil/dresriv.html scroll down to the bottom to see Shelbyville.

Today it was at 3500 cfs, which means it will be pretty high, but they are recovering from inflows from last week's rain, and are now cutting it back agaion. By Saturday, it should be down reasonably. Last weekend outflow was at 980 cfs, and the current/depth wasn't bad at all....and the Muskies were biting. IMHO it looks good to me for the weekend, but you never know which side the current will be on until you get there. It's always fishable....just have to find them in less than favorable conditions and presentation presentation presentation right!!

Hope to see you there!

Chris

I'll definately be there. I have just had very bad luck fishing the spillway with such high water. I know most probably don't want to give up too much info, but I was wondering what you all do to have success during such high water????

If need be, please PM me with any tips....

Any info is much appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
    Jason

I'll be glad to help out. That's what our club is about. Meet up with me tommorrow morning....I'll be there between 6:30 and 7:00 on the east corner and then of course at the pavillion at 8. Look forward to seeing you then.

Chris

Sorry i couldn't make it out there today. The GF was coming with, and wasn't willing to make the 2 hour drive in this shit weather.

I'll be down there Monday for sure. Pleaase let me know how everybody does, and what tactics worked best......

Hopefully monday will be alot better!!!!

Thanks,
    Jason