www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lake?

Default Lake?

Hi everyone...I live in Ontario at the other end of Lake Erie so I mainly fish the Buffalo Harbour/Niagara river. My extended family and I are taking a trip this summer to Sandusky Ohio (renting a place on Lake Erie). I was wondering if you guys could recommend an inland lake to try for Muskies that is near Sandusky (within an hours drive or so) that has some decent action. I am hoping to slip away for a half day once or twice during the trip...
    Thanks in advance...
    Noah

Default Within an hour?

Noah,

Within an hour will be tough. Probably the best lake close to Sandusky would be Clearfork (it's within the same area code) by Lexington, OH. Taking a straight line route, you're 1 1/2 hours away due south of Sandusky.

Your better option would probably be the Detroit River/Lake St. Clair - which is Michigan/Ontario waters.

Sandusky Bay and East Harbor have excellent bass fishing (largemouth and smallmouth); you can't go wrong around the islands, too - Kelleys and South Bass - depending upon the type of boat you have and cooperative winds. Walleye is the targeted species up there for the most part and the bass are plentiful.
    Tony Petras

You might want to post this question on this site... http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...splay.php?f=25
    They might be more familiar with the northern part of the state.
    Scott Shampton

I am reasonably sure you could get to Clearfork within an hour or maybe hour and 10 mins or so from Sandusky. It's a nice small 700 acre resevoir that has a lot of structure, weed beds and such. It's got some big fish in it to. West Branch is in the Cleveland area, but I don't know if Sandusky is within an hour or so of that lake. It's a good lake to.