www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Webster Lake Conditions

Default Webster Lake Conditions

How is the lake out in good old Webster? Are we close to getting the boats wet out there?

As of right now there is still plenty of ice...it will be next week sometime...I hope. I'll keep ya posted.
    Mike Hulbert's Musky Guide Service
    E-mail: info@mikehulbert.com
    Web Site: http://www.mikehulbert.com

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

how soon after ice out with the musky be ready to feed? I've only ever gone one time soon after ice out and it was an unsuccessful trip.

thanks

shibes24

Well the wind and rain did it ALOT faster than what I thought...the lake are offically open.

Muskies can and will be caught right after ice out...as in right now. Tons of lure presentations can and will work. Anything from small bucktails, crankbaits, Dawgs, even Pounders, gliders, twitch baits, rattle baits, etc... Right after ice out there isn't a real "defined" bite as far as lure selection goes. It's all about putting the bait in front of a dumb hungry fish.

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Default backwater

Hey Mike, are they mostly in the backwater area this time of year? Ive never been able to get em in the spring, and most of the boats i see early in the year are in the backwaters..

thanks

Dave

There is always a catchable fish population in the backwaters, no matter what time of year it is. Right after ice out, like now, some are in there "staging" to spawn when the temps are right...some have been back there since last year. Other fish definately make a migration towards and into the backwaters the warmer the water gets and the closer it gets to 50 degrees.

It's also Webster, right now there are fish in open water, off the breaks and on the flats...it's all about putting your bait in front of a hungry or dumb one.

419-553-6570

Release 'em all

Yeah Mike's right about putting the bait in front of a dumb hungry fish! Me and my 10 yr old were out yesterday on Webster, but I'm not sure who was dumber us or the fish! LOL!! Seriously though that was the game plan I went with- throw the kitchen sink at 'em. Once we were out on the main lake that did't work quite as well cause the kitchen sink was thrown at us. It was a pain in the arse trying to read the graph in all that rain! But we still had fun trying, and my son was in as bad as shape as me with the itch to fish! The skunk in the boat really stunk, but the smell of exhaust and zing of the reels made the stench a little better! A little slime in the boat would have been the berries! Just remember to be versatile, try new things, work fast and slow to they tell you what they want!

Buddy Ellenburg

Take a kid fishing they'll have a lifetime of memories!!