www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing just ok tonight

Post Fishing just ok tonight

Fished south of gladstone tonight and had one hog on and lost it. 2 of my buddies lost one and landed 3 other walleye. One nice 27-28 incher.
    JB Lures Field Staff Member
    Team Vexilar Member

Fat dog how was it for getting on the ice? Were you on four wheeler or walking? I went by Gladstone on the highway looked like some water on the ice and small open area by the Shell station. I was hoping to get one more try on saturday or sunday possibly going out from Kipling.Talked to a buddy at work this morning he said that he saw four portables off the mouth of the Escanaba river! It has got to be getting thin that far down with the rain and temps we have been getting.

We were on atv's. ice seemed to be ok but didnt look good. The shoreline has some water on it but not bad. There was even a polaris ranger out there. Ice is getting honeycombed. Not sure if you could go out there by this weekend.
    Team Vexilar Member

Talking

fatdog:

That must have been you I heard yelling and swearing about 6? ...I was the lone guy just west of you. You guys did better than I did last night (zero). What were you guys using and how were you fishing?

There seems to be some good ice yet...I walked from shore...a little slick without creepers!

I like to keep it quiet on the ice so the yelling that you heard was my fishing partner, sorry for all the swearing he did but he did lose a hog. Oh was that you in the frabil. Kinda windy out there at dark. yep it sure is slick without creepers. I guess ill tell you what im using as it is last ice. The JB Lure Weasel has worked well for me. Go to JB Lure.com and check it out. Our local bait shops do carry them but the website has alot to offer.

PS.. dont be mad R.R. it is last ice.
    Team Vexilar Member