www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: A Nice Send Off

Default A Nice Send Off

My friend Walleyegatorgetter has a family member headed to Afghanistan real soon and they are having a party for him on Friday night. I have never met him but wanted to say THANK-YOU for serving our country. It will not be easy being away from home and family but his willingness to go speaks for it self. It is because of people like this that I can be here at home with my family and be allowed to enjoy time with my wife and son.

Ryan
    USMC
    Semper Fi

Keep the thread going and Tim could show him Friday night

THANK-YOU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Semper fi.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	8898  

Thanks DuckKiller. Just to clear things up a bit, yes my uncle is going to Afghanistan, but not as a soldier like one might think. He is 50 years old and going as an engineer to help with some projects that have to do with rebuilding the place. Technically, he is still going to be a civilian. He gets to wear an army uniform, bullet-proof vest, helmet, and so forth, but it has a special patch on it that says don’t shoot me, I am a civilian, or something like that. Whether Al-Qaida is going to care about the patch is a different story though. Anyway, it is still a very commendable act in my opinion.
    Thanks.

Pretty obviouse they dont care about a patch.. they dont care about their own. And TY very much!! to go over there asa civilian or a soldier is giving time off this soil and helping the cause.

THANK YOU ALL WHO SERVE AND HAVE SERVED!!!
    OK... 10 More Minutes