www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Sunny Hayward WI!

Default Sunny Hayward WI!

What's with the weather up there? Every time I check the weather on the internet (which isn't always correct) it's like 5 degrees warmer up there than in the twin cities.

Is it really the pine tree effect or whatever they call it?

I'll be checking in to get some ice out reports in a month so I can get up to my parents lake for some crappie fishing. Not much longer fella's!

3 months...still way too far away...but still plenty of time to either find a sponsor or win the lottery :P

It has been really nice up here this winter. Makes up for the last few. It's been near fifty degrees for about four days and mid to upper forty degrees before that. We still have snow but it's getin' mushy. There's still a couple feet of ice on most of the lakes though. I love this time of year.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

March = the month of mud. You love this time of year?

Though, you probably have quite a bit more snow yet than down here in Madison. Just dirty snow and mud. Warm weather is nice though. But we'll probably get one good dumping of snow before April, we always seem to.

Yeah, you know we'll get some wet sloppy snow falls before we're in the clear, but 45 degrees and sunny has been feeling pretty good. I've had a heck of a time managing all of my snow and ice damns at home, I'm glad to see it go.

I'm like a kid in a candy store when the snow and ice start to leave. I don't know how many times in the spring I drive down the road to see when the ice is going out by Hermans Landing. Rachel thinks I'm nuts for sure.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Default rolling turkeys

U are nuts, thats for sure. 21-8 prediction. Cool enough for turkey bowling this weekend, or bowling in the slush. T. Curtis is going to be up. lol. u going to make it?

I'll call you. Maybe you can bring a basketball and I can show you how it's done. Bring some ankle support.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

So, after hitting 60 the other day should I just assume the ice is out up there? Okay I'm kidding.

The lakes in the twin cities are looking pretty dark and the smaller lakes and ponds have ice pulling away from shore. Sounds like snow this weekend maybe.

The ice is looking pretty nasty over here but without much wind it isn't going out as fast as you would think. The rain we had last week did a good number on it. I'll take some pictures of Dorazio Bay to show how the ice is going out on the Chip. I think I'll take the dog for a walk that way today. It's in the mid fifty degrees today and going up fast. Might hit 60 again. Never know. Feels good to be outside without a coat and gloves.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Is there going tro be an ice out contest or maybe some "guess the spot" this spring? I'm horrible at guess the spot, but those threads are always fun to follow.

For a new Ginormous Pacemaker!

I just saw the pics of those pacemakers... that is a serious bait. You know like the kind where you have to name each one. I might have to check them out at the MN show.

I always liked those guess the spot threads too. Not that I ever guess them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan M View Post
    I always liked those guess the spot threads too. Not that I ever guess them either.
    LOL I have some great shots that I wanted to post, but I don't remember where I was when I took them :P

That adds a whole new dimension to "guess the spot" when the photographer could potentially be the winner.

Kinda like the days when you used to wake up and have to guess where you are. Man I miss those days.

I say post em anyways. Put Ty's skills to the test.

I don't miss the days when I had to guess where I was when I woke up, it always made me nervous that I wouldn't be able to find my car. I do kinda miss those days at Stout when I woke up and I wasn't sure what her name was ...

I had spent some similar time at Stout. Good times.

Boy, looks like another day that might get up to the 60's. Those weekend forecasts aren't looking so bad anymore either.

I might have a day off this week, I'll have to drive up to the cabin and sit in the boat (in the garage) and take a walk in the woods. I suppose it's too late to find any good sheds that the mice haven't got too uh?

Most of the snow has just gone out of the woods in the last four or five days so now would be a good time to do some looking for sheds in the woods.

As for the ice out game, I didn't start it early enough. The ice will probably be out pretty quick at this pace. I'll start getting some pictures up either tonight or tomorrow. Some areas are looking pretty thin. You can still walk on the lake in the mornings but afternoons are slushy.

Snizz, throw some pics up and we'll see if we can figure them out. I took some also for this time of year. I'll put them up next week.
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843

Thanks for keeping us posted Ty. Some pics would be nice too.

It's funny, I started going up right after ice out to get the boat out and make sure everything is working right while going crappie fishing, getting ready for bass and musky season. Now I'm trying to sneak up to check the boat out before the crappie trip.... and when I say check it out, I mean pull it out of the garage and drink beer in it. Man, I need to get away from this computer.

Default Stout???

I spent three and a half serious years there!!! Spent lots of time up on Lake Tainter at Jakes and BA's and down in Downsville pickin' on John & Chris Widmer at TJ's as well as the gang at the Creamery. Spent my time there during the late 80's.

As for the boating, thank the Good Lord we only have to drive down to Tomahawk to put in on the WI River!!!

Mark