www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Mar 9 2010

Default Mar 9 2010

The open water season is only a few wks away and if you have not already checked your equipment now is the time. Look to respool your reels with fresh fishing line and check your line guides for wear. Organize your tackle, charge the batteries and check your boat for safety equipment like flares and life jackets, pail bail and the other necessary things you need.
    I just completed my SVOP(Small Non Pleasure Operators Proficiency) course as required by Transport Canada for working on the water. This course was held at Georgian College in Owen Sound Ont it is the Great Lakes Maritime Intitute where many go to learn to be Captains of larger vessels.

If you have not booked a trip and are looking please contact me soon as many wknds are already booked going into July. I do have some weekdays available but wknds are prime time and if that is your only option I would encourage you to call soon.
    The season starts off on the Detroit River for vertical jigging walleyes around April 3 and I will fish the river until the end of May with good success. Vertical jigging is a favourite of many who like a hands on approach to catching walleyes.
    As May comes I will be looking to hit Lake Erie while trolling cranks and harnesses. This is a great way to learn how to use boards, cranks, harnessses and boat control. I don't only just take you fishing it becomes a learning experience if you want. Many have hired me just to teach them how I fish, which will shorten your learning curve. If you are not interested in learning we can always just go out and relax and catch fish.

Only 2 trade shows left and they are the Toronto Sportsmans Show and the grand daddy of the Michigan shows Grand Rapids. I am not sure if I will be attending either but both are great venues and worth the drive.
    Good luck and hope to see you on the water soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	8856  
    Chartertalk Guide Service
    Bob Devine

Web Site: http://www.chartertalk.com/

Thanks to:
    Off Shore Tackle, St Croix Rods, Pure Water Brand, Northland Tackle, Okuma Fishing, Torpedo Fishing Products