www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think spring, can you guess that spot

Default Shad Raps

If she's shore ratting already, have her keep an eye out for #7 Perch Shad Raps. There should be about 47 of them out there somewhere. I'll stop by to pick them up in May. Tell her thanks in advance

Default Pictures

Hello , can I take a chance that the Sunset is taken from the area by the Pink Rock looking towards the mainland / Narrows to Lake Bastine ? And the one with the Stumps taken by the Black Rock ( out from Lake bastine ) looking towards the narrows ?

Default You got one

Tim, you got the one about the stumps by the black rock. Gus had gotten the one of the sunset shinning on the Big Island across from the old Hiawatha Resort, near the highlines.

Have a great day,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3033_3_1.JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	9208  
    The Tiny Fisherman...<*){{{{><

I believe this is just below the outlet dam.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Default A Guess

Robinson Landing

www.flambeauvista.com

Default Eagle Picture

Is this on the Big Island right outside of Lake bastine going towards the narrows ? I missed the Sunset picture , it is the Big Island , I can see the high trees , I used to use these to line up a stump we called the Preachers stump years ago ( back when the power line towers were on the small Islands in the Bay !!! ) . They also look like the Trees on the Main Island prior to the Pink Rock , we use those trees to line up a Stump we call two Stumps . The memories bring a smile today - Thanks !

Default Idle Shores

Hi Tim,

Did you ever stay at Idle Shores? This has to be 25 years ago (mid 80's), but I think we met having a beer with Kenny one night. You were telling me about a spot you called "Two Stumps" and I think you also claimed to always catch 2 walleyes out of that spot. It was a Saturday night and we both had finished unpacking, were having a couple of beers and really pumped to get on the water the next day. I remember you describing it as being on the north side of the water before reaching the Pink Rock.

Default Its about time

Scott you finally got one.....:-)

Cant' believe that you can not use split shot and/or jigs under one ounce. Sounds like PETA wrote the Question 61 - Lead reduction in fishing tackle.

Who in their right mind would have voted to band the use of lead fishing tackle? They make it seem as if we're poising the whole world. Look at the states that have already have this ban in place, all New England tree huggers.

Sell your jig molds on Ebay before the whole country goes nuts,

Name:	IMG_1794_2_1.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	9220  

Are we looking Southeast past Donners just outside of Bastine?

Default Rain

Thanks Tim,

The competition has been tough this year. Hated to take that "puf ball", but wanted to get one point on the board. LOL

How much rain did we get last night? We haven't put out the rain gauge yet.

Scott

www.flambeauvista.com

Scott,

My rain gauge had just over 1/2 inch of much needed rain from last night until noon today.

Tom502

Scott:

Down here in Minocqua, but I had a .25" when I left the house this a.m. and am hoping we got the other .25" Randy is talking about before it left early this p.m...

Mark

Default Rain

Talked to Shane at Midway tonight and he fortunately reported 1". All Flowage property owners should turn on their garden hoses into the Flowage for the next 2 weeks. LOL

Scott

www.flambeauvista.com

Default .

Maybe they need to review what full pool is. If you start with more you always will have more. Things change and it might be time to reset the levels of what full pool really needs to be. Not sure if that can be done but if you can raise full pool by 2-3 ft, down the road it will help.

gdi

Default Not enought

We had 9/10 inches of rain.

Looks like there is going to be a dry spell for the coming week.

Have a great weekend,

Name:	IMG_2976_3_1.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	9227  

Default To Don H

Hello Don , you asked if I stayed at Idle Shores during the 80's . No , that was not me . We have always stayed at Joe Millers Cottages .

Thank You ..

Quote Originally Posted by gdi View Post
    Maybe they need to review what full pool is. If you start with more you always will have more. Things change and it might be time to reset the levels of what full pool really needs to be. Not sure if that can be done but if you can raise full pool by 2-3 ft, down the road it will help.

gdi
    I hope you are kidding......

Quote Originally Posted by MuskieRandy View Post
    I hope you are kidding......
    Nope I'm not. In the last several or more years I have not heard any one say the waters to high. But everyone sure has complained on how low it has been. It would just build a backup for the years that there is no snow and little rain.

Then there would be enough to keep the river up too. Full pool is just a number that someone picked out at the start of the TFF. At that time it might have been good, but with the amount of rain that falls now doesn't keep up any more.

gdi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123